Electramatic player

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:10:31 -0300

Hi Clyde,
I am personally strongly against, the suggestion of 'chucking' a player
unit, just because it is in the way.
I run accross a lot of people that have a family player, that they remember
from their childhood, when it played. The relative who owned it had been
told the player, could not be fixed, and to get rid of it. These people are
really sorry that the unit had not been kept.
I don't recommend thet it be removed and stored either, as eventually they
get lost.
There are people who do player repairs, some of them also tune and repair
pianos, like myself.
I would like to see more player classes, at the Conventions, then people
would be able to do minor repairs and also remove and replace the units, to
enable access for piano repairs.
Oh yes, if you ever have to remove a player action, test that it plays,
before you remove any part. And be sure to point out, if the tubes are
brittle, to the owner.
Remember, repair of these units,  is a living for someone.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.
P.S. John Tuttle's page, has a list of Player Techs.