Value of Aeolian Spinet Player

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 23:01:49 -0600

Maxpiano@AOL.COM wrote:

> List,
>
> A customer of mine wants to sell her 5 1/4 octave Aeolian spinet player and
> has asked me to help her set the asking price.  When I last saw it the player
> was functioning as well as I could expect (read:  like a modern Aeolian, not
> all that great).  It is a combination foot-pumped/electric.  I am
> contemplating advising her to ask $2000 and negotiate down from that if
> necessary.  Anyone have experience selling one of these?
>
> Bill Maxim, RPT

I've gone through a good number of these things. The valves are unit blocks made
from plexi-glass and are prone to leakage and sticking. The brass transmission
gears are also notorious for grinding themselves into powder. If this lady can
get $1,500.00 I'd say that she's doing real good. In any case make sure the sales
contract clearly states: "AS IS - WHERE IS".

Rob Goodale, RPT