Birdcage, more....regarding pitch raises

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@calcna.ab.ca
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 06:11:06 -0600 (MDT)

	Jay,

	I assume you are speaking about aural pitchraising. When I began
tuning (a long time ago), I heard the unstruction (source unremembered) to
over pull A220 five beats for a 100 cent pitch raise and reduce that
amount proportionately for smaller raises. This has worked fairly well for
me but, of course, pianos are all different and, even when he overpull
more than that in the treble, some still end up flat after the first time
through.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta