Value of Aeolian Spinet Player

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 09:10:48 EDT

<< A customer of mine wants to sell her 5 1/4 octave Aeolian spinet player and
 has asked me to help her set the asking price.  When I last saw it the player
 was functioning as well as I could expect (read:  like a modern Aeolian, not
 all that great).  It is a combination foot-pumped/electric.  I am
 contemplating advising her to ask $2000 and negotiate down from that if
 necessary.  Anyone have experience selling one of these?

 Bill Maxim, RPT >>

About 3 years ago, I tried selling a 10 year Aeolian Studio player piano in a
fancy case  on consignment. I started out at $3500 and at the last had $1595
on the piano, and still no buyers.  I finally asked to customer to take the
piano back.

The piano you have is an oddity. I  sell used Aeolian spinets in the $800 -
$1200 range, but these are 88 note pianos, in relatively good condition. The
player mechanism does not ADD to the value of the piano, it takes away from
it. If your customer can get $500 for it, she should be lucky.

Wim Blees