upright wippens

Jon Ralinovsky ralinoj@muohio.edu
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:32:12 -0400

Howdy all,
I'm a lurker on pianotech and have been learning quite a bit from everyone.
Thanks!  I work for Miami University (in Ohio) and one of my current
projects is a 30 year old Baldwin Hamilton that I decided to 'recondition'
to put in a practice room (the department got it for $200 from a branch
campus).  The question is: are there tests for the pinning in upright
action parts?  Grams of resistance?  Swing test?  Should I skip it anyway
because of the time input?  Right now it appears that the pins are all
tight in the birdseyes, but I'm just wondering about the condition of the
felt bushing.  OK, I'm ready for answers!

Jon Ralinovsky
Miami U.
Oxford,OH
"Give me immortality or give me death"