Damper levers

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:34:12 -0500

Bob:

It has been MANY years since I last did that job.  I remember it well!  The
problem is I have 20 years more experience now so I'm sure I could avoid at
least some of the mistakes I made on that action.

That piano belonged to a piano teacher, so I said I'd do it for her over
night.  Needless to say that night had no sleep for me, just frantic work.
I also didn't plan on how ineffecient I'd be after about 1:00AM.  Even
though my body got no sleep, my brain seemed to get a lot. DON'T promise it
overnight!!!!

If you can use the old wires on the new dampers, thus minimizing the wire
bending you'll be much happier.

Experience is a teacher!

dave

--