Player question

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 09:13:43 -0300

Hi Marcel,
I have had good luck, just using side cutters, crushing them, as long as
it is the brittle ones. If it is the ones that are gummy on the tracker
bar, then soak the tracker bar in gasolene, and scrape off the residue.
It is pretty straight forward to replace the main tracker bar ones, just
go in sequence.
Try to get a diagram, of the ones for the centering mechanism, it saves
the trial and error later.
I have found that if you dip the end of the new tube in rubbing alcohol,
to the depth you want to install them, they just slip on to that depth,
and stop. It makes for a neat job.
Oh yes, be sure to use the proper tubing, and not the clear plastic
stuff.
If the main run is lead, from the rubber at the transposing mechanism,
check it out for corrosion. It corrodes from the inside out. It is just
as easy to do the full job, in one trip.
Any more questions feel free to ask.
Good luck.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada