SATII use

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 20:43:31 -0500

>...Does it
>explain in the manual how to do the "F4 method"?
>
>Karen Johnson
>Rochester, MN

I don't think you're going to find it in the newer manuals, Karen.  Here is
the procedure for doing F4 stretch tunings:

>From a cold start, press TUNE, set the SAT to F5, and tune F4.  Then go to
F6 and measure F4 by adjusting CENTS.  The CENTS window will show the F4
streatch number.  Now hold SHIFT down, and press STO-STRETCH.  In a change
from the old procedure, you must press the STRETCH button once more to
force the SAT to calculate an old-style stretch tuning for notes C3 through
F6.*

*Sanderson Accu-Tuner Instruction Manual, Supplement C, Revised Aug. 19, 1992.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731