Sticker wippens & billings flanges

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:15:33 -0500

>...I would like to know if there is a technique/procedure
>for getting a good tight grip between the pin and billings flange.  The
>flange ends were spread apart quite a bit when the parts arrived.  Any
>suggestions greatly appreciated <rmiller@en.com>
>...Rolland Miller, Miller Piano Service,
>North Ridgeville, OH PTG/RPT & MPT.
>Rolland Miller at rmiller@en.com

Take some parallel pliers, squeeze the Billings flange shut with the chosen
center pin in it.  The center pin should not turn.  When this has been
achieved, the center pin bushings in the hammer butt can then be sized as
needed to the existing center pin size in the Billings flange.  In working
with these new flanges, you should eventually be able to determine which
center pin size will work for most of the flanges after experimenting with
a few.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician