SAT II USE

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:56:12 -0600

Karen and list,
The process of tuning F4 and bypassing the C3 - F6 blockade, with a SATll
is done by using FAC tunings.
What I first did was to compile a list of all the C3 - F6 stretch numbers
of the 165 tunings that I purchased, available from Inventronics. Then when
tuning a piano, finding the F4 stretch I can look for the closest match and
use that piano page to tune.
 Example, if a piano gives me a F4 reading of C3  -3.2 , F6   6.0   I would
use my page 121 FAC tuning  (a Wurlitzer 45 " console C -3.2  F6  5.9 )
As this does not always give good results, of late I expanded the list to
include C1  C2  C3  C4  C5  C6  F6  C8 .  I now make checks aurally of
octaves with a page and search for the best page before proceeding to tune
This seems to help choose a better matching set of numbers for a given
piano. Takes about three minutes to check.
Joe Goss
You know  you are on the level if your bubble is in the middle.