STONAKER Temperament

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:32:26 -0700 (MST)

Hi Bill:

I met Bill Stonaker once in the '50s. I had the impression that he lived in
the Chicago or Detroit area. Perhaps some of the other old timers who lived
in one of those areas might have some more specifics for you.

Bill Stegeman who lives in Austin, MN who is in his early 90's probably knew
him. He may have more information for you. This Bill Stonaker was very well
known in the 50's and 60's. His work on the "Both Ways from the Middle"
temperament was copied by many fine piano technicians.

Jim Coleman, Sr.