Yamaha grands

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:47:52 -0600

HI ?????,
               Sounds as if the hammers need shaping and voicing, if you
have no voicing experience get some assistance from an experienced tech in
your area. The forward termination system should be able to speak, and
muting it off alters the whole character of the piano, and rarely satisfies
the customer.
Regards Roger.

At 11:20 PM 21/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Why do the smaller Yamaha grands always tend to have zinging overtones in
>the lower treble sections.For one customer I've weaved some bushing cloth
>in the area between the bead and the V bar. I've also sanded the V bar with
>some emory cloth.Now again for another customer the problem is recurring.
>Is the plate too high at the tail end? My customer notices it and some
>strategy of resolution will be necessary.

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.