Sun and Pianos

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:34:58 EDT

Ed,

If it is a Yamaha in an ebony finish you do NOT have to consider the finish.
This is polyester and will not check or crack.  The piano will die long before
the finish will.  I agree with the rest of your post John.  Temperature and
Humidity are the culprits.
Protect your investment and cover the windows and enjoy such a fine
instrument.

Ed  Tomlinson  (two Ed's are better than one)

<<
 Hi Ed,
 If it was my piano I would buy drapes. Not only do you have to think of the
 finish, but the fluctuations in temperature, do not help the tuning
stability.
 I hope that it is not by direct heat, from radiators as well.
 Regards,
 John M. Ross
 Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada >>