F4 - FAC tuning

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:30:32 -0600

Hi all,
It happened again today. I tried to use an FAC tuning on a Smith & Nixon 88
key childs piano. You know those three inches lower than a regular PSO.
The FAC was  F 12.4   A  9.5   C  9.5 This resulted in a bass that was very
flat to the middle of the piano.Sooooooo taking a F4 reading resulted in C3
 -3.6  F6 7.2  Using my handy dandy list a Winter 36" spinet C3 -3.2  F6
7.5 came to the rescue with a nice easy tuning stretch that sounded great.
Joe Goss