Scheduling customers

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 21:55:16 -0600

Subject: Scheduling customers

>I schedule customers 9:00, 11:00, 1:00 & 3:00 to allow time to do any extra
>work that needs to be done.  If all they need is a basic tuning then I get
>ahead of schedule & I'm early to my appointments.  Some customers seem to
get
>offended if I show up early.  I could wait somewhere until the appointed
time
>but this would be a waste of my time.  I'm interested in how much time the
>rest of you allow between tunings?  Thanks in advance from David Porter in
St.
>Louis, MO

Then how about double booking?  ;-)  Just kidding.  Seriously, you could
tell your 11 am that you'll be there between 10:30 and 11:00 - you could
tell your 1:00 you'll be there between 12:30 and 1:00 - you could tell your
3:00 that you'll be there between 2:00 and 2:30 or even 2:00 to 3:00 if that
doesn't bother them.  Chances are at least two (probably three) of the four
visits will be routine.  The half hour range should bother no one you would
want for a customer anyway!  You can compress your day by 1/2 to 1 hour or
throw in another tuning - AND not have anyone "offended."

This "compression" method is used by your HMO doctor, I'm sure.  You could
also think of it as the "probable demand" concept, or something like that --
look at your electric panel and add up all of the amperage listed on each
breaker or fuse.  Notice how it exceeds the main breaker by at least 50%???
They figure that NOBODY could draw 15 amps on each and every circuit
simultaneously!

Glenn.