Mac Business S'ware

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:56:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have been a Mac person since the 80's. This isn't to start the Mac vs.
PC argument -- let's not even get into that. I have tried using various
business programs, and I always felt as though they were hiding my
business from me rather than making it easy. So I use simple monthly and
yearly spreadsheets in ClarisWorks. My customer database is also in
ClarisWorks. With current clipping capabilities, I can drag info from one
spreadsheet to the other when needed -- like monthly data to the yearly
spreadsheet, or the regular income spreadsheet to the credit ledger. It
isn't bells and whistles, but it's simple yet customized, and I can find
or sort according to any parameters I select.

I am a tuner/technician, not a rebuilder, and my parts inventory isn't
huge and doesn't change much. So my needs are simple. I have a laptop, so
if I enter all the info at each call, I really cut down on bookkeeping
time at home.

Mark Graham
Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory of Music
Berea, Ohio