Value of Harrington

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:16:54 -0500 (CDT)

Jerry,

   I agree with Keith. You need to know the condition of the instrument,
both inside and outside. Has it ever been rebuilt/refinished? new block?
new action parts? what size? etc., etc. If so, it also wouldn't hurt to
know the quality of the work. :-)
   Try to get some further information and maybe some others can help you.
That particular subject is not my forte.

Avery

>>I've gotten an e-mail request for value of a Harrington baby grand - the
>>only information provided was that it was over 100 years old. I would
>>appreciate any (and all) opinions as to probable value. The inquirer
>>didn't indicate whether or not the piano has ever been restored or not.
>>
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>--
>>Jerry Hunt
>>Dallas, TX

>With the information the email provided, probable value cannot
>realistically be provided.
>
>Keith McGavern

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music