Therapy

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:39:47 -0500 (CDT)

><<
> Just got back from a Leo Kotke concert. Interesting audience mix, like an
> aging college crowd. Not a three piece suit in the lot. It's nice to get the
> occasional reminder tha >>
>Ron:
>
>Man, am I getting old or what.
>
>Who is Leo Kotke?  What does he do?
>Is he an international "star"?
>
>Who who who
>
>Bob Bergantino,RPT
>South Euclid (has he ever been to Cleveland?),Ohio

* Oops, sorry twice Bob. That should have been 'Kottke', he's a guitarist,
and yes, you are getting old. If your knees haven't told you that yet,
someone had to. %-) Kottke is recommended, aging is optional. Uh... what was
the question again?

>what are you talking about??? I'm a PIANO TECHNICIAN!!!  NOT a guitarist!
>Why in the world would you choose me for that wonderful experience to share
>with ???
>Dan

* So what? Nearly all of the folks on the list are piano technicians, but I
wouldn't drive out and pay to listen to them, or you, tune unless you did
something really extraordinary in the process. I sure would, however, to
hear Leo play. So lighten up.  All piano and no play makes Dan a dull boy.
Well, that's not exactly the way it goes, but it's something like that.
Besides, I don't recall you responding to any of my posts of a more
technical nature. Since you did to this one... pleased to meet you. Then
again, maybe you have responded before and I just forgot. I'm old too, you
know. The list isn't exactly a hot bed of technical discussion on weekends
anyway, and tends to run to chit-chat. I didn't choose you to share this
with anyway. You just happened to be there and my lurker alert has been on
the fritz lately. Life is like that. If you don't mind a constructive
suggestion, kick off your shoes once in a while and go outside and stomp
around in a mud puddle. Squishing a little goo between your toes from time
to time is a very cathartic thing.

To all: The following is non-technical, and could be disturbing for some
readers. Categorical discretion is advised.

Have you ever noticed how flies go into Kamikaze mode just before the first
freeze hits? They zip around frantically with little to no regard for
personal safety or reasonable caution. Well, the weather is changing here
and I've just ended a week of traveling all over the place among drivers
that were doing the same thing. Like it's not tough enough to survive this
time of year. There are times I think I need a hood mounted anti-idiot
bazooka, but I'd probably just end up bazooking myself with it. There was
one fun road incident in a week of insanity that I'd like to pass on. A
vanity plate read '1 WOOD'. As I passed him I looked inside the car and,
sure enough, there sat a driver.

Have a good week end. Take a nap.

 Ron