Schimmel

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:32:38

At 11:35 AM 10/24/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I agree pretty much with JIMRPT. My experience with Schimmels is fairly
>limited and they all seemed way to bright or brittle sounding to me, but the
>design seemed pretty good, so, taking it on a piano by piano basis seems, as
>always, the best idea.
>BTW, I tuned a Schimmel medium sized grand for a large church that was happy
>with it's sound, but I had a terrible time setting the strings in the mid-
>treble, especially just above the scale break. Is this common with Schimmels
>or was it just this piano. (Or maybe I just had a presuppositional bias
>against this particular piano.)
>John S.

List --

In these discussions, I behold only the names Schimmel, Steinway, and
Baldwin. Why no mention of Bosendorfer, German Steinway, Kawai EX,
Grotrian, Mason & Hamlin, Fazioli, etc.?

Not that I've had nearly the exposure to them that I'd like to have had,
but from what I _have_ heard, they should be on the list.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370