ivories

PIANO2NR@AOL.COM PIANO2NR@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:04:11 EDT

<<   Does any body have another proven
 sucssesful
 method for that?
 I really would appreciate your input.

 Dan Amihud  RPT

Hi Dan,

I have been using the two part wood bleach (hydrogen peroxide and sodium
hydroxide) with good success if I then place the keys under a flourescent
light a few inches above the keys.
Sand keys with 400 grit sandpaper first then apply beach with foam brush being
careful not to let it run down the sides of the keys. Reapply a few times a
day.  Keep under light for 4 or 5 days.  Wipe off residue with damp rag, wet
sand with 600 wet or dry paper with paint thinner or maptha as wetting agent
then polish with white tripoli compound and clean polishing wheel.
Of course you need to make sure the keytops are not loose to begin with.  I
use super glue first to insure a good glue joint.

Randy Mangus,RPT