History Q

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:42:44 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/98 8:49:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk writes:

> 1904 Chickening produced a quarter grand, said to be the smallest of its
>  kind.  I have not come across the term quarter grand anywhere else is
>  this true.
>
>  Barrie,

Hmm..... I am not sure of the exact date, but Chickering made many Quarter
Grands. Some had very pretty victorian cabinets and most had those brass
flanges that make them a pain to any tech. - Although, when they were new, I'd
imagine that they did the job quite nicely.

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co
1 800 394 1117