Tape on keys - the Right ( Guard) stuff!

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 02:33:56 EST

Susan Kline wrote:

<<Citrasolv .... try it, you'll like it...on the ossified adhesive remnant? >>

That reminds me, I have a tip on a solvent that takes off almost any adhesive,
no sweat!

It is Right Guard deodorant, in a regular spray can.  (America's largest
selling aerosol deodorant! - or so it says on the label. )  It contains,  with
other things;  SD alcohol, propane, isobutane, butane, water,  and propylene
glycol. One should not underestimate the effect of propane and butane as
solvents for the few seconds that they remain liquid at room temperature.  I
understand that liquid propane is used as a  solvent in some industrial
applications.  Start one corner of a label,  spray into the shearing adhesive,
and the whole label peels up. Then hold a Kleenix type tissue to the nozzle,
wet a spot, and finish wiping off the glue. Never leaves a residue, and smells
nice.

I have a can in the shop and I cannot remember an adhesive label, or tape,
that resisted. I also cannot think of anything that was damaged by a
treatment. It is cheap, ubiquitous, and effective, even removing  many inks,
like permanent  dye marker on impermeable materials.

I have shown many piano owners the above trick for  removing tape and marker
from their keys.

Bill Simon
Phoenix