Business Software Responses (off topic)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 17:06:53

At 06:40 PM 10/25/98 EST, Ed wrote:
>With all due respect Jory, The Pianotech mailing list is a forum for
>professional piano tehnicians.  As stated by others... there are other lists
>for the piano enthusiast.
>
>I have not been posting much for three to four months now and have watched
>very well meaning piano lovers come on the list and start threads that
>distract and take away from the true intent of the list.  Or answer questions
>intended for technicians.  I know all mean well but I would like to come on
>the list now and again and not feel I am adding to the already full list of
>half techs half who knows what.  I have enjoyed the list in the past and hope
>to not have this continue.
>
>Ed Tomlinson

Ed, I know what you mean, but this particular post was of very much
interest to me. I'm about to buy a new computer, and I must decide what
software to put on it for my business, since the old MsWorks file in
Windows 3.1 just won't be adequate.

It is always hard to tell what will and won't interest as varied a group as
piano technicians. I feel like the pianotech list is a natural forum for
beginners as well as those more advanced. We all were beginners once. While
volume has been a problem in the past, it has seemed relatively light
lately, but I fear that is just a byproduct of the wrangling with and by
Mr. Bremmer, which I personally feel should have no place in any public
forum, unless it is a list started and run by Mr. Bremmer himself. Some of
the volume from pianotech has moved over to MPT, a very congenial and
forgiving place to meet.

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan Kline