APSCO

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 13:44:43 -0600 (CST)

At 10:59 AM 10/26/98 EST, you wrote:
>Ladies and Gentleman,
>	I thought I would take a brief moment just to address my deep disgust with
>APSCO.  I ordered a "Hale" Rosewood Extension tuning hammer from them.  I sent
>my letter with remittance almost 2 weeks ago.  According to their book
>keeping, they recieved my check on 10/20.  I called on 10/22 and they said
>that they had recieved my check two days before, but had still not sent out my
>hammer.  I called today on the 26th to be told: "No, we haven't sent that out
>yet... we only received your check on the 20th."  Then I reminded them that
>they had said that orders would be processed within 24 hrs. as long as the
>check was under $150.  Mine was approx. $100.  She then said "hold on while I
>check on that order".  She then proceeded to leave me on hold for a long
>period of time and then come back to tell me that the reason it had not been
>sent yet was because they had to build the hammer (this took 6 days???).  She
>then assured me by saying that it was all packed and ready to go (what does it
>mean to me unless it's already on a UPS truck?).  Folks, this is a pretty
>pathetic way to run a business.  I just wanted to share that experience so
>that nobody else has the same thing happen to them.
>I will never, never, never, never order from American Piano Supply Co. Again!
>
>Jonathan Hoover

Jonathan,

Welcome to life. You have just taken a small step along the path toward
enlightenment. I'm surprised you made it this far without having to wait for
a toy. You may want to reconsider writing APSCO off forever for this heinous
offense, though, lest you run out of supply houses altogether by year's end
and are forced to sell insurance for a living. Consider too, that you will
find out shortly (possibly any minute now) that YOU have let someone else
down by your own actions, inaction, casual comments, or just by standing
around in someone's way, and they will vow eternal ill will toward you, your
family, your friends, your family's friends, your dog, and the entire 'H'
section of the Greater Metropolitan Wichita phone directory. Get a grip.
You're not hurt, you're just inconvenienced. It's not costing you anything
but your immediate gratification. A little perspective here, sir, if you
please. Wait until you get a look at the quality of the product and than
decide on an appropriate reaction.

 Ron