Not Off Topic

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:09:05 EST

In a message dated 10/23/98 7:09:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu writes:

<<
 Let's not forget the good reputation of plastic fostered by Lester and
Rippen.

 I know it's old news, but the plastic stygma has been around for a long
 time.  Just like urban legends and other "true" internet stories, it has a
 life all it's own, independent and regardless of any and all facts to the
 contrary.

 Perhaps when everything else is high grade plastic...

I replaced plastic parts on pianos like you mentioned to save it from being
destroyed or not played at all.  They still tune reasonably well and keeps
people playing the piano.  What really irks me is when pianos such as some
Cable consoles have everything in plastic: jacks, flanges, even damper levers.
It is not cost effective to replace all of the parts, but the piano structure
is still in shape and tunable.  What's next?  A piano wrecking yard?

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR