Lid replacement

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:09:27 -0600

Hi John,
               Clamp the two lids together and drill right through the
damaged lid to mark the lower lid, you will end up with a perfect fit.
Sandwich a sheet of polythene between the two lids to prevent swarf from
scratching the good lid.
Regards Roger

At 11:27 AM 27/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>OK, list, how do you do this?  I have to replace a grand lid on a YC
>piano that has been damaged.  How do you transfer the respective hinges
>and lid alignment post from one lid ( the damaged one ) to the new one so
>that everything lines up as per new?  BTW the lid section that is being
>replaced is the larger of the two ( not the rectangular piece )  Looking
>for any and all suggestions, advice, (other than let someone else face
>the headache).  Thanks in advance.
>

>                    John R. Fortiner
>
>                     pianoserv440@juno.com

>or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina
Saskatchewan, Canada.