Action Geometry Correction

Dave Swartz dms2000@PIONEERPLANET.INFI.NET
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:53:16 -0500 (EST)

Should someone else have the formula (and a scanner) I would be most
appreciative of receiving this.  I wasn't able to attend Providence but hope
to show my funny face in Kansas City.   Action spread is usually around 4
13/32" right?  David Stanwood has mentioned in previous classes that
generally the spread isn't as big an issue when calculating overall
leverage....I guess the next question would follow (maybe Jon and others can
answer):  If the spread is greater, say 4 1/2", exactly how will this affect
the Strike Weight Ratio?...or would the differences exist...still
thinking....in whip ratio?...Trying to sort this out.  Can we make a
significant difference in the leveraged system as a whole by altering the
spread?  (There, got that out of my system).

Thanks for reading,

Blubbering hammer head
Dave Swartz, RPT
dms2000@majesticpiano.com