Heavy action

Dave Swartz dms2000@PIONEERPLANET.INFI.NET
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:19:41 -0500 (EST)

Mark, what is the upw?...the variation you mentioned I believe can be
attributed to two factors...Inconsistent pinning (ie. jacks-2 grams, rep
levers- 5 grams, whip flanges-screw should drop it with a light tap) and
Hammer Stike Weights (individual).  Removing weight from the hammers,
smoothing out the strike weight will make a significant difference, but the
friction factor should become even for consistent results.

Dave Swartz, RPT
dms2000@majesticpiano.com