Strips or wedges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:14:37 EST

<< Dear Wim,

 You wrote, " l was taught that the Bass has a bigger effect on the
 soundboard and therefore l must tune it first." >>

Newton:

I said that?  If I did, it must have been many years ago. I agree with you. I
must have taken Al's class too. When I used to do aural pitch rasings, I set
the temperament, and then tuned the treble first, and then went into the bass.
Now that I use the SATIII, I strip mute the whole piano, and start on A0, and
go up. From there I tune unisons, starting in the middle of the piano, going
up, and then into the bass.

Wim