Heavy action

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:29:16 EST

<< On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:

 >Not only hammer, but you might also try to get rid of some of the shank
mass,

 >if that can be done.

 If people are doing this, I would very much like to know how.  What kind of
 tools, jigs, whatever are you using to get professional looking results.  If
 there is a journal article, a reference would be great.

 TIA,

 Charles Farinella
 c_farinella@conknet.com >>

I did it once on an older Steinway. The original shanks were much thinner than
the new ones. I didn't do anything fancy, and perhaps the end results didn't
look proffessional, but it did the job. I used a dremmel tool with the round
hammer shaping drums, and sanded off the sides of the shanks.

Willem Blees