SATIII/RCT comparison. was Re: question

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:40:55 EST

> 1. Weight. The SAT III weighs about 3 pounds

My Toshiba Libretto 100 laptop weighs 2.35 pounds.

>and measures 6" by
>4" by 3.5"

 The Libretto measures 8" X 4.5. It will sit comfortably wherever an SAT will.

>2. Batery life.

Librettos battery is good for 4 1/2 hours. Plenty of time for 5 or even 6
pianos. At the end of the day, plug it in and it's ready to go the next day.

I am just in the process of changing over to RCT. I have not yet received the
software so I cannot yet comment on that, but was very impressed by the 2nd
video. Especially the pitch raise program.

I have had the Libretto now for a couple of days and am very impressed with
it. The small size won me over. The screen size is 7.1" but is very easy to
read. It's kind of like the difference between a small TV and a giant
projection TV. The one may be smaller, but the picture is sharper.

I already have loaded on it my customer base, street map software, and a phone
directory for the entire mid-west. It's got a 2gig drive so there is plenty of
room.

Dave Bunch