Sabre Saw??'s

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:48:59 -0500 (CDT)

>In a message dated 8/31/98 12:52:59 PM, nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET wrote:
>
><<Yes, don't drop your new $110.00, 4000 lb. Milwaukee thirty five feet onto
>bare concrete.
>Ron>>
>
>  Good plan Ron, but what I was really after was the brand/model/series of saw
>that I should consider for non-dropping :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Well, yea, that was a sort of recommendation too. If I wanted to buy a no
nonsense, last forever sabre saw, it would be a variable speed Milwaukee.
I'm sorry, I don't have model numbers. I own a Milwaukee 3/8" VSR drill, a
3/8" VSR hammer drill, and a two handed 1/2" Hole Shooter that will spin the
whole shop if the bit jams. Two of these are over 15 years old and smile at
the abuse I heap on them. The hammer drill is about a tear old and has hurt
me more than I have managed to hurt it. My brother in law is a building
contractor who owns Milwaukee bayonett saws, circular saws, belt sanders,
and undoubtedly a few things I haven't seen or tried out. These things weigh
a ton, but they deliver a lot of power to the cutting tool, and are nearly
indestructable. If the sabre saws are of the same quality, I'd pay whatever
they cost to only have to do it once, so the price wouldn't be a concern. I
think they make a cheaper line now, in a different color, but the red
handled tools are still first rate. So there it is, brand = Milwaukee,
series = red handle, model, as is available - according to your needs and
preferances, cost = whatever.

You've already got the non-dropping part down. Practice practice practice.
Did I ever tell you how I broke by toe? %-)

 Ron