Sabre Saw??'s

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:43:29 -0400

I'll have to go with you on this one, Ron. Discounting my cordless
Milwaukee screwdriver, which is actually an NEC in a red housing, the only
other Milwaukee product I have is a 'Sawzall'. It was given to me by a
friend who didn't want to "fool with it anymore". I've noticed that some
people replace equipment rather than repair, especially if it's part of
daily income-producing activities. A new foot and set of brushes and the
Milwaukee was ready for another 100K miles. I know it will saw a Ford into
dumpster-sized pieces without working up a sweat.

For JimB, I don't have any specific recommendations. I use sabre saws for a
long time before anything happens. When that something happens, it's always
been when I needed it and/or was using it for a project. At that time, I
just go out, make an impulse decision, and continue with the project. I
_did_ spot and drool over a Bosch unit a while back, but the salesman
refused to offer any discount on account of the drool.

Has anyone else noticed that whether it's saws, routers, or other
plug-ables, the power unit itself is the tip of the iceberg? It's the bits
and accessories that kills budgets.

At 06:48 PM 8/31/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, yea, that was a sort of recommendation too. If I wanted to buy a no
>nonsense, last forever sabre saw, it would be a variable speed Milwaukee.
[cut]

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net