Yamaha electric grand of mid 70's to mid 80's origin

Martin, Thomas N (MARTITN5) MARTITN5@Juniata.Edu
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:48:03 -0400

Hi List,
	Does anyone on this list have experience with the Yamaha electric
Grand (CP70?)?  I played on one on a cruse ship about 8 years ago but,
didn't pay it much attention - I don't remember it sounding bad though.
What are your experiences with this instrument?  Apparently it can be put
into two cases and transported?  How practical is this?  How well do these
things hold a tuning?  Are they of anywhere near the quality of Yamaha's
other acoustic instruments?  Are their actions special or standard?  Also
what are their dimensions.  I have a Clavinova in my apartment now but, I
would like to have something better (it isn't practical to move a C3 around
much though - and it's pretty loud in small spaces) I'd like to use this for
practicing and perhaps small-time home recording for family and friends.  I
also read one ad that said they had a soundboard - they don't do they?
Thanks,
Tom Martin