Yamaha electric grand of mid 70's to mid 80's origin

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 23:22:47 EDT

<<
 Hi List,
 	Does anyone on this list have experience with the Yamaha electric
 Grand (CP70?)?  I played on one on a cruse ship about 8 years ago but,
 didn't pay it much attention - I don't remember it sounding bad though.
 What are your experiences with this instrument?  Apparently it can be put
 into two cases and transported?  How practical is this?  How well do these
 things hold a tuning?  Are they of anywhere near the quality of Yamaha's
 other acoustic instruments?  Are their actions special or standard?  Also
 what are their dimensions.  I have a Clavinova in my apartment now but, I
 would like to have something better (it isn't practical to move a C3 around
 much though - and it's pretty loud in small spaces) I'd like to use this for
 practicing and perhaps small-time home recording for family and friends.  I
 also read one ad that said they had a soundboard - they don't do they?
 Thanks,
 Tom Martin

I tuned quite of few of them when they were popular in the 80's.  From what I
recall, then bass section tuned quite shallow when beatless.  Then have a
tendency to break a lot of strings.  The CP80 is a better one because it has a
full 88 keys and bass tunes much better.

For what it's worth.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR