Yamaha electric grand of mid 70's to mid 80's origin

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 03:10:27 -0500

----------
> From: Martin, Thomas N (MARTITN5) <MARTITN5@Juniata.Edu>
> To: 'pianotech@ptg.org'
> Subject: Yamaha electric grand of mid 70's to mid 80's origin
> Date: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 1:48 PM
>
> Hi List,
> 	Does anyone on this list have experience with the Yamaha electric
> Grand (CP70?)?
> What are your experiences with this instrument?  Apparently it can be
put
> into two cases and transported?  How practical is this?  How well do
these
> things hold a tuning?

I have tuned hundreds.  (for shows).  It takes two people to move the two
pieces of "luggage" and they won't fit into the back of a station wagon.

	Do they hold their tune?  YES.  A band was scheduled to play in a night
club I tuned for.  However their truck fell off of rt 50 across the
Sierras in Calif. They reeled in the road cases. To make a long story
short, the CP 70 from that accident I tuned was not only playable but not
out of tune more than ordinary.

Richard Moody