Oslund machine question

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:35:47 -0400

Yes indeed. Remember though, among the several components of the "system",
there are two machines, the Keymaster and ... something else that amounts
to the surfacer -- if I haven't flipped the names! The surfacer makes the
best use of the equipment. Some of the functions were designed for key
blanks, therefore some of the features are simply not required (or not *as*
required) when used with molded keytops. Sharp notching,  front overhang,
and gross removal of side material come to mind as an examples.

What's really fun with the either machine is to forget to periodically dump
the residual pyralin (old days) from under the hollow base, then have a key
snag and things start to heat up. Nice fire... nice fire.

harvey whoinhaledfartoomuchburningpyralin