STEIFF (Welte) Player grand

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:58:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/98 10:38:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryf@pacifier.com writes:

> Here's the specs .....
>
>  Steiff 5' 6" (approx) all work indicated done 1992
>
>  Refinished cabinet brown mahog. lacquer
>  restrung including ....
>      new pinblock
>      new strings and tuning pins
>      respray the plate
>      refinish the soundboard
>      respray the damper heads
>  New damper felt
>  New hammers (Abel)
>  Original ivories in very good condition, very white, no chips
>  Player action totally rebuilt including new valves and new belly cloth.
>
>  The inside of this piano really sparkles.  All the brass shines nicely, the
>  player drawer has a new finish, and the outside cabinet is like new.  It
>  plays really nice both manually and automatically.  There are close to 100
>  rolls that go with it, and a roll cabinet to hold them all.  I need values
>  placed on these two items separately.
>
>  Thanks for all your responses in the past, and I look forward to your
>  assistance on this one.
>
>  Lar

Hi Larry -

     Here in Philadelphia, Cunningham Piano Co is the only source that I know
of for a piano like this. I just sold a Chickering Ampico grand (Style A, 1923
) also rebuilt for approximately 29,000.00. This was a beauty. I wish you the
best of luck.

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co
1 800 394 1117