strange noise

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 20:42:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dick, List,

I tuned an Ivers & Pond by Aeolian last week that exhibited pretty much
what you're describing.  Couldn't really hear any pure sounds.  I fit the
bass and tenor hammers to the strings to insure all strings were being
struck.  It helped some.  I attribute the overall effect to the piano maker
during that period of time.  The touch was pretty decent...actually
surprised me.

The family has been living with it for 30 + years.  It seems to suit them
just fine.  And they certainly aren't economically deprived.

If you were tuning aurally, I can understand why you were worn out after
this one.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician