Size and Sound

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:10:19 +1200

Some say size don't matter ?

I believe that one VERY important dimension is missing - What is the
HEIGHT of this room. According to my advisors, on the matter of
acoustics, the VOLUME and PROPORTIONS of the room are much more
important than a small size difference in the piano. There are MANY
other acoustic related matters which may be MUCH more critical than
most Piano Owners recognise.

Perhaps you should consider saving a little on the piano and raising
the ceiling.

AlanD (who is rumored to have 3 Grand Pianos in a "Living Room" not
TOO different from this and, money permitting, would go for a good C3,
but would need to extend the room to fit in one more 7' Grand and
still have room for the "Living")