baking soda

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 07:29:59 -0400

Friends:

Ken's story reminded me that this past week I removed the bottom panel
of a console to find two open boxes of baking soda plus four shallow
containers of presumably the same stuff.  The owners weren't home, but
it looked like it had been put there pretty recently.  This was the
first time I had come across this and was a little mystified.  Is this
stuff supposed to keep the piano dry, kill moths, or what?  I'm
curious.  At least it's getting more and more rare to find an empty
quart jar down there, which was the piano humidifier's predecessor, I
reckon.

Clyde Hollinger