Low FAC, Henry F.

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 13:02:25 -0400

     I recently tuned a 9-foot Henry F. Miller in a local church. No one
I've spoken to has ever seen one. How 'bout you New England techs? Are
these beasts any more common up there? The piano had no front or rear
duplex, so despite a rather poor treble strike point from another tech's
rebuild, it has even less than one would expect up there. The FAC numbers
were all between 3 and 4, which I also have never seen before. What are the
theoretical ramifications of such low numbers?
     I didn't have time to really explore that first visit but I've been
asked to improve the sound if possible. I'll set the strike point, level
strings, etc. What can I expect? Should I stretch the treble tuning to try
to brighten it up a bit? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
     Ken Jankura
     Newburg, PA