Harpsichord string loop question

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sun, 06 Sep 1998 15:56:48 -0700 (MST)

Hi Joe:

If one holds harpsichord wire near the end and hooks it with the wire handle
of a rubber mute, one can twist it in the fashion illustrated below to
form the hitch pin loop. Use enough tension to pull the wire into no more
than a 90 degree bend and make several twists (1"). If the angle and tension
are too great, brass wire will break, if the angle and twist are too small
the loop can slip under tension and eventually break. At the end of the
1" twist, keep tension on the main part of the wire while the remaining
pigtail is wrapped around the main part of the wire 4 or 5 times.

          \
            \
              \
                \