S&S retrofit rails ?

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 07 Sep 1998 17:00:03 -0400

At 09:46 AM 9/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Jon Page wrote:
>> Is anyone looking into the feasibility of supplying replacement
>> _standard_rails and brackets to relieve the burden of dealing with
>> those wretched, hammer spacing intolerant molded rails?
>>
>> With all those split casings and overturning screws out there, a
>> design with more user friendly aspects would have a welcome
>> market, much the same as Renner USA's replacement back action.
>Jon,
>It is not a terribly difficult task to fit a full Renner stack onto a S&S
>keyframe.  Those wonderful laminated beech rails make it worth the effort.
>-- ddf

Thanks Del,
Once again you shed the light of day on those dark areas.

Now, all's I need is the Renner address (I probably have it around here,
somewhere). Do they have a catalogue? Website?
Is there enough call for Renner USA to carry these?

I have a B and a D in my charge which may reap these benefits.
Their actions are shot and get a LOT of use so this upgrade will
save a lot of time in the long run.

Milli Gratsi,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)