tape on keys

DaveAAAP@aol.com DaveAAAP@aol.com
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:50:46 EDT

<< How does one remove masking tape residue from plastic keys?  Yes,
 Jim B. the tape has been pulled off.....................   It's the
 sticky stuff remaining that I don't know how to remove. Windex doesn't
 work, but that's all I tried, preferring not to ruin perfectly nice
 keytops. >>

Hi Leslie,

  One thing not mentioned was lighter fluid.  Retail stores use it as the
"secret" to removing
old price tags without damaging the merchandise.  It's very inexpensive and
removes all the
icky sticky in a jiffy.  It comes conveniently packaged in various sizes and
the smell
doesn't linger long afterwords either.
  I recommend putting it directly on the cloth or paper towel you plan to use
instead of
squirting the key.  You may have to let is soak briefly on old hard stuff.
Just
remember, it is flamable.

Dave Streit
Portland, Oregon