Piano-Organ combo

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 22:49:23 EDT

<< Dear list,
     I was just offered for a song a Jesse-French Piano / Lowery organ combo.
What the heck is it and how does it work?  Anyone seen or tuned one of these?

 Thanks,

 Bob Sadowski >>

My Dad worked for Starck in the late 50' when these things first came out.
Being a piano and organ player, he was asked to go around the Midwest
demostrating them to dealers, in the hopes they would cary them to sell. He
did this for about 6 months, when the factory stopped sending him out because
no one was buying them.

I just last month "appraised" one that was in a basement that was flooded out.
I totaled it out, because the water had damaged the organ part, especially the
pedals. And since there are no spare parts available any more, it can no
longer function as the combination piano/organ it was designed to be.

As Susan said, I hope it was a short song. Even when they were brand new, they
weren't any good.

Willem Blees