S&S Damper Pedal question..

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Wed, 09 Sep 1998 23:41:58 -0400

Hi Phil,

This system likely has an additional coil spring pushing down on the
damper tray.  One spring is enough if all is cleaned and relubricated
lightly and the conversion performed a la C. Ball.

I have done many of these conversions and I use a 5/8" punchings, a 3/8"
dowel and do not enlarge the pitman hole but do remove the felt.
Locating the 5/8" hole in the lever and in the tray are critical for
this conversion.  I have made a special fixture that I screw to the tray
that has a 5/8' hole in it to guide the Forstner bit.

Any questions give me a shout.

        Newton