Piano-Organ combo

conrad hoffsommer hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:44:57 -0500 (CDT)

Susan & list,

>>    I was just offered for a song a Jesse-French Piano / Lowery organ
>combo.

<snip>
>I have, oh, I HAVE! It had better be a short song!
>Jesse French ...
>
>>If the song is short enough, you could get ahold of the tarnation thing and
>>use it to start a Museum of Technological Horrors.

Thanks for the memories, folks. I'd tried to forget.  A Jesse French was my
first encounter with faux fallboards and "duh!" warranty calls. Owner
wondered why the keycover didn't move... A Yamaha owner with similarly
appointed instrument asked if there was a way to retrofit a working cover.
(didn't apparently appreciate cat's musical talent at 2AM)

I did see the feature put to good use one time. I found the family savings
bank (1/2 gal. jar) tucked in the space behind the music rack where a
movable fall _would_ have been.

BTW, did the Organo attachment in a Kimball Consollette have the same effect
on tunings?

conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer         Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College            Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive         hoffsoco@luther.edu
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

       Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
   Digitally Activated Biopowered Tone Generation Systems
"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
                I don't work on it."