Making new damper lift tray

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:27:22 -0700 (MST)

Hi David:

I'm assuming that you have checked the end pivot blocks and that they
have not moved or the pins have not broken off.

Since you have to take out all of the dampers anyway, you might find it
much easier to unwarp the damper lifter tray than to build a new one.
Better yet, Chris Robinson and Rick Baldassin have given excellent classes
on installing new damper systems. They may have a video tape of this class
for sale.

If you get real lucky, you could possibly unwarp the rail in location by
putting a contrary pressure to the rail from where the pitman contacts the
tray. You would have to wedge up the two ends and wedge down the pitman
contact point. You know the old adage: "What goes up must come down."

Jim Coleman, Sr.