WD-40

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:23:07 -0500

Hi All,
	Curious as to WD-40.  I seem to be the only person around who admits to
using this on action centers.  I have used this for over 30 years and have
had no disastrous consequences using it selectively and carefully including
my own personal piano.  Susan touched on one episode in her current
article.  I have read the Journal since 1973 and don't recall seeing that
article.  Being from Missouri, I have yet to be shown how I can get by with
using it successfully and everyone else in the universe seems to think it
is a witches brew.  I have heard all your post about attracting dirt and
stuff and it simply has not been a problem I have had.  The one place it
won't work is in bushings in plastic parts.	Earlier in the summer I ordered
all the different lubes from Schaff and have used most of them and have
been underwhelmed in their success.
	If you use WD-40 successfully, please post me privately and let me know
that I am not the lone one in the wilderness or maybe I am.  If you are
among the WD-40 haters you won't convince me till "I"  have bad results.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 St. Louis, MO.
Competent Service since 1962
 Do what is right and do no harm
 Creator of  Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups and Practical Piano  Peripherals

pianoman@inlink.com